Emily Bollon (Company Choir Leader)
After taking up office as elected Students’ Union President at the University of Surrey, Emily recognised that there was a real need for staff activity outside of the usual working day. She founded the Surrey Staff Gospel Choir in 2013, and welcomed over 30 staff from across the University to take part. The choir met weekly for the 2-year duration of Emily’s role, and gave uplifting and inspirational performances at events across campus. With reviews raving of the impact the choir had on staff’s morale, wellbeing and organisational loyalty from Vice-Chancellor at the time Sir Christopher Snowden, and Director of HR Paul Stephenson, Emily knew these incredible benefits were not exclusive to staff at Surrey.
Emily had the absolute pleasure of delivering two 6-week choir projects in the run up to Christmas 2017: one in Brighton and the other in Guildford. The heart behind the CityCoast Christmas Community Gospel Choir Project was to bring together members from the local community to experience the joy of singing gospel music together, and headline at the local church’s ever-popular annual carol service that year. The project welcomed over 60 singers ranging from 6-80 years old, and together learned 5 songs before performing to an audience of over 450 people!
The benefits of singing together have been extensively researched, and all agree on the same conclusions:
Benefits for the staff
– Sense of fun and fulfilment
– Increased personal confidence
– Improved communication skills
– Better relationships at work
– A boost in the immune system
– A creative outlet to balance out work life
Benefits for the employer
– Increased sense of community
– Strong return on a small investment
– Tailored networking opportunities
– Well-balanced workplace environment
– Attractive company differentiation for new recruits
– Greater employee retention
– Better corporate social responsibility
– Opportunity to reward staff
Enjoy 1 rehearsal a week for 12 weeks with award-winning choir director, Emily Bollon, and an uplifting and unforgettable staff choir performance to complete the project!
Email Emily at email@example.com to discuss how to make this happen for your staff!